Looking for Professional Roof Cleaning & Coating in Surrey?
So you’re considering having the moss removed from your roof tiles?
Maybe you’re also considering having your roof tiles sealed afterwards?
Here’s what we do know, you spoke or typed in one of the phrases below:
roof tile cleaning near me
roof tile cleaning and painting
roof tile cleaning services
clay tile roof cleaning near me
roof cleaning Surrey…
…or something similar.
Google knows where you are and they know where we are – they also want you to have a good experience – guess what?
They think we’re a good fit for each other!
Let’s not let them down, click through the presentation below, take a look at how we do our work – step by step and then contact us for a free and fixed price quotation.
Google – the Tinder of Roof Cleaning!!!
Click the frames below and watch, step by step, how we clean the moss, algae and lichen from your roof tiles, make repairs where necessary and then apply a fungicidal wash.
You’ll also see how we apply the clear or coloured protective coatings if you’re looking to banish the moss, lichen and algae from your clean roof tiles for a guaranteed 10 years and transform your home’s appearance.
Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal in Surrey
Roof and Driveway Cleaning UK will remove the moss from your roof tiles and make minor repairs where necessary, during the process. We have been successfully doing this for more than 25 years now. We also offer an additional service, which will protect your roof tiles from moss, lichen and algae for 1o years and that’s guaranteed.
After the cleaning and repairing stage, a fungicidal wash is applied. A day or two later (subject to the weather conditions) a clear or colour-pigmented (click here to see the roof colour-configurator on the home page)coating is applied using airless spray equipment.
Just a stones throw from London, is the most wooded County in the United Kingdom – Surrey. A very popular area for local residents and tourists alike is Richmond Park – a beautiful and historical park, linking London to Surrey at one end. Richmond Park is a leading UK site for ancient trees, particularly oaks, which have great historic and ecological importance. Richmond Park is actually a National Nature Reserve where Red and Fallow deer have run freely since 1637! There’s a great article about this fabulous park here.
From mansions to starter homes and everything in between – the housing stock of Surrey is vast and varied.
It’s not difficult to come across roofs that are littered with moss, algae and lichen in this densely wooded area of the UK.
Surrey is a County that keeps our specialist roof moss removal and roof cleaning teams busy. Roof & Driveway Cleaning Surrey are considered by many to be the local experts when it comes to improving the appearance of domestic and commercial roofs in the County.
Your roof is a very large and visible feature, especially if it is a sloping one. A total roof tile restoration is a great way to add to the aesthetics, kerb appeal and value of your property.
If your roof has a dull, dirty and tired appearance or is covered with moss, algae and lichen, this is only going to downgrade the aesthetics of your property and the integrity of the roof in the long term.
Roof & Driveway Cleaning Surrey carry out affordable roof cleaning and as an option – roof cleaning & sealing. Our specialist teams of trained and expert operatives will dramatically transform the appearance of your roof professionally and efficiently. At the same time, restabilising your roof tiles and improving the safety and integrity of your roof.
Regardless of the size of your project, we carry out our work, efficiently, professionally and proudly. We always ensure that you have excellent value for your trust in us and your investment into your property.
Contact us today for your FREE roof survey and quotation regarding roof moss removal and roof cleaning in Surrey.
Have You Considered Having Your Walls Rendered & Professionally Spray Painted?
Take a look at the short video below. The roof coatings offer a very similar protection.
A surface treated with masonry cream will insulate mineral building materials by reducing water absorption. The masonry cream chemically bonds to the surface, penetrating up to 17mm to create an invisible insulation barrier.
CHECK TO SEE IF WE CLEAN & REMOVE MOSS FROM ROOF TILES IN YOUR AREA
Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Addlestone, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Albury, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Alfold, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Ashford, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Ashtead, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Ash, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Bagshot, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Banstead, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Brockham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Burgh Heath, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Byfleet, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Camberley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Capel, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Carshalton, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Caterham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Chaldon, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Charlwood, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Cheam, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Chertsey, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Chessington, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Chiddingfold, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Chobham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Cobham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Coulsdon, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Cranleigh, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Croydon, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Dorking, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal East Horsley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal East Molesey, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Effingham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Egham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Englefield Green, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Epsom, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Esher, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Ewell, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Farncombe, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Farnham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Frensham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Frimley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Godalming, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Godstone, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Great Bookham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Guildford, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Haslemere, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Hindhead, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Horley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Kenley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Kew, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Kingswood, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Laleham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Leatherhead, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Lightwater, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Lingfield, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Merstham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Mitcham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Morden, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Mytchett, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal New Haw, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal New Malden, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Nutfield, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Oxshott, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Oxted, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Peaslake, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Purley, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Redhill, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Reigate, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Richmond, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Salfords, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Shalford, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Shepperton, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Shere, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Staines, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Sunbury, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Surbiton, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Sutton, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Tadworth, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Thames Ditton, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Thornton Heath, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Tongham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Virginia Water, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Walton-on-Thames, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Warlingham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal West Byfleet, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal West End, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal West Molesey, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Westcott, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Westhumble, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Weybridge, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Whyteleafe, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Windlesham, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Woking, Roof Cleaning & Moss Removal Worcester Park.
10 interesting facts about the County of Surrey and its past
1. Surrey has its own flag, a blue and gold chequer pattern. This was originally the coat of arms of the de Warenne family, created Earls of Surrey in 1088. The male line of the family ended in 1347 with the death of the 7th Earl. However, the coat of arms continued to be used as the symbol of the county, and was officially registered as the flag of Surrey in 2014.
2. In the Middle Ages the kings’ judges would go on tours or ‘circuits’ of groups of counties, trying cases at the assizes. The Home Circuit consisted of Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Sussex and Surrey. Consequently, Surrey became known as one of the Home Counties.
3. Until the London County Council was formed in 1889 Lambeth, Southwark, and Wandsworth were all in Surrey. Croydon, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Sutton and part of Richmond upon Thames were until 1965, when they too were absorbed into London. At the same time Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames were transferred to Surrey.
4. The earliest reference to the game of cricket comes from Guildford. In 1598 a dispute over a piece of land in North Street in Guildford came to court. John Derrick, aged 59, gave evidence that when he was a schoolboy at the Royal Grammar School “he and diverse of his fellows did run and play there at cricket”. This must have been in the years around 1550.
5. A dragon was said to have once terrorised the people of West Clandon. A soldier, condemned to death for desertion, promised that he would slay the dragon if his life was spared. Together with his dog, he fought and killed it. A carving of the battle survived at the church, and in 1977 an outline of a dragon was carved into the chalk embankment beside the Epsom Road, now recently restored.
6. In 1726 Mary Toft of Godalming said that she had given birth to rabbits. John Howard, a local surgeon, seemed to support her claim, and it caused a public commotion. The King’s personal surgeon himself accepted it as genuine, but others had doubts. Mary Tofts was brought to London, and under questioning she admitted that it had been a hoax.
7. The Battle of Dorking was a story published anonymously in 1871. It described a fictional invasion by the Prussians, in which the defending rifle volunteers failed to resist the professional German army. It caused a stir at the time and twenty years later inspired the army to build a series of defences along the North Downs. Box Hill Fort and Henley Fort at Guildford survive as a reminder
8. From 1450 until 1832 the Borough of Gatton elected two Members of Parliament, despite only consisting of Gatton Park, an estate near Reigate. In effect the Lord of the Manor chose who those two MPs would be, and money could change hands for the nominations. The unfairness of this was eventually acknowledged, and the constituency was abolished as one of the most rotten of all the rotten boroughs.
9. The world’s first purpose-built motor racing circuit was opened at Brooklands, near Weybridge, in 1907. Hugh Locke King built it to help the development of the British motor industry, the banked track enabling speeds far higher than the 20 mph speed limit on public roads. It was also one of the earliest British airfields, and the last motor race was held there in 1939 when Brooklands concentrated on wartime aircraft production.
10. In 1618 a mineral spring was found on Epsom Common, and the magnesium sulphate in the water was found to be medicinal. Epsom soon grew to be a fashionable spa town, and visiting royalty and gentry expected entertainments. Horse racing on the open downs proved popular. In 1769 the legendary racehorse Eclipse first ran there. The classic race The Oaks was begun in 1779 and The Derby in the following year.
We are proud to say that Roof and Driveway Cleaning UK was the first roof cleaning company in the UK to offer a 10-year product guarantee on our roof coating service.
We dare to extend this quality assurance to our customers because we have been 25 years in the business and we are certain that our roof coatings are long-lasting and won’t peel, blister or flake away from your roof tiles.
Our roof coating has been scientifically proven to resist all presence of moss on your roof so you don’t need to get them cleaned for the next 10 years or more.
If you live in Surrey, we can arrange for one of our inspection teams to provide you a free and informative quotation.
- driveway cleaning & sealing
- patio cleaning & sealing
- external wall cleaning & sealing
- block paving cleaning and sealing
- imprinted concrete cleaning & sealing
Here’s something to sweeten the deal. You can get a 25% discount if you are our first-ever job on your road.
You can use this discount not only for roof or driveway cleaning but also to our whole range of services.
Why this discount, you ask?
You see, after we are done and people see the effects of our job, we normally land 2 or 3 more contracts in the area.
This saves us a lot of money from marketing costs and so we can pass on the savings to the first job on the road.
Click the Get Quote button below and let’s see if you’re our first job in your road and eligible for a 25% discount.
Compared to London, roof cleaning in Surrey is generally more affordable.
However, you should take note that there are several factors that a roof cleaning company should consider in providing you the actual cost of roof cleaning.
To calculate the cost, an inspection team will visit your home to look at the condition of your roof. This is a good opportunity to ask about the factors affecting the roof cleaning quote.
One factor that is always taken into account is the condition and the size of your roof.
A 2-bedroom home with roof tiles installed in the last five years is generally cheaper compared to a much larger, detached property with roof tiles that haven’t been cleaned for 10 years or more.
In addition, if your roof has heavy growth of moss and algae, then the roof cleaning company will calculate the time it will take them to eliminate the dirt. Manual scraping takes more time compared to power washing.
The best way to obtain the cost of roof cleaning for your home in Surrey is to request a free informative quotation from a reputable roof and driveway cleaning company.
The most common chemicals used for cleaning roofs include bleach or sodium percarbonate solution. We do not use any of these – these are for the DIY brigade!
However, this is risky because it may cause damage to the roof and to your health if you fail to prepare the right solution.
Therefore, it’s best to hire a professional cleaning company to do the job.
Even then, you should choose to hire a company who uses environmentally-safe cleaning products that are effective and safe. We certainly do.
Before you even begin cleaning your roof, you should climb up to assess the condition. You need to know what kind of outgrowths are present in your roof such as moss, algae or lichen.
Then you need to see if your guttering is clogged with moss, leaves and twigs.
If you think you can do the job yourself, then you have to purchase tools such as power cleaners and manual scrapers.
You also need to buy chemicals and prepare the solution yourself.
And don’t forget to buy a safety harness to make sure that you will be safe while cleaning a slippery roof.
Prepare to spend at least 3 whole days from sun up to sun down, because roof cleaning is not an easy job.
Doing the job yourself will cost you hundreds of pounds, and this doesn’t include the time you’ll be spending on preparations, shopping for tools and chemicals, actual cleaning, then tidying up.
Why spend so much time and money if you can just entrust the job to professionals?
It is time to clean your roof if you see the following signs:
Obvious Moss Infestation
Moss grow fast on roofs, especially if you are residing in a temperate climate like Surrey, with its abundance of trees and other foliage.
Aside from looking tired and neglected, moss, overtime, will “eat away” at the the roof tiles and shorten their useful lifespan.
Moss infested tiles absorb water on the roof tiles surface. The freeze and thaw cycle of winter, will eventually start to weaken the tiles and will quite possibly fracture and split them.
Can you still recognise the original colour of your roof? If all you see is dull grey or black, then chances are your roof is filled with moss, dirt and grime.
This ‘tired’ look can be really uninviting and significantly reduces your home’s kerb appeal.
Too many leaves and moss
Clogged gutters are the most common cause of water ingress into a home. The first you will be aware of it, is quite possibly damp patches appearing on your interior walls.
Call us on 01483 959610 or use the contact form below to send us a message.
ROOF & DRIVEWAY CLEANING LIMITED t/a roof & driveway cleaning Surrey
Company number 11908981